via reddit & techrepublic.com
Hello, my lovelies,
And how are we today? As you know I never usually post on a Wednesday but I’ve seen this and needed to share – prepare to grin. 🙂
For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the
way computers have enhanced our lives, read on:
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared
the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,
‘If Ford had kept up with technology like the computer industry has,
we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the
In response to Bill’s comments, Ford issued a press release stating:
If Ford had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be
driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash………Twice a
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have
to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason.
You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the
windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you
could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would
cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you
would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was
reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive – but would run
on only five percent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would
all be replaced by a single ‘This Car Has Performed An Illegal
Operation’ warning light.
7. The airbag system would ask ‘Are you sure?’ before deploying.
8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you
out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the
door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to
learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would
operate in the same manner as the old car.
10. You’d have to press the ‘Start’ button to turn the engine off.
PS: I ‘d like to add that when all else fails, you could call ‘customer
service’ in some foreign country and be instructed in some foreign
language how to fix your car yourself!!!
Haha! So, do you agree with the above? Is the Ford guy being a little bit harsh? Please feel free to share, this was forwarded to me by the lovely writer Judy Ridgley!